Here’s a tasty way to enjoy sweet potatoes that both young and old enjoy–oven baked fries! These are so easy to make and pretty guilt-free too since they’re not deep fried in vats of oil. Here’s how you make them:
- Sweet potatoes (1 medium potato makes approximately two servings)
- Olive oil (canola oil or vegetable oil are fine too)…about 1 teaspoon per potato
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Vinegar, ketchup or flavored dips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Scrub and clean sweet potatoes then cut into strips about 1/4″ to 1/2″ thick (skins can be left on). You can cut these into wedges too, simply adjust the cooking time.
- Drizzle oil over potato strips and toss to evenly coat, arrange them in a single layer on a baking sheet, sprinkle with cinnamon (or other seasonings, can also be mixed in with the oil before tossing strips).
- Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, remove sheet from oven and stir potato fries around (to prevent sticking to pan and burning) then return to oven and bake for another 15 minutes or until fries are done (fries will be soft and tender when pierced with a fork).
- Remove from oven and serve hot with choice of condiments.
- Salt & paprika
- Coarse sea salt & cracked black pepper
- Ground cumin
- Red pepper flakes (mixed in with olive oil before tossing fries to coat)
- Cayenne pepper
- Garlic powder, Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper