10 Zesty Taco Casseroles To Try
Typically made with cooked ground beef or turkey, shredded cheese, tomato sauce or salsa and shredded cheese, taco casseroles couldn’t be easier to make and they sure hit the spot on cold winter nights. This Recipe Hit List highlights a dozen different dishes that I’ve handpicked from around the net, each with their own tasty twists and promising to please. Enjoy!
- Quick & Easy One-Dish: (as seen in photo) Made with ground beef or ground turkey, taco seasoning mix, pinto beans, tomato sauce, mexican-style corn or whole kernel corn, shredded cheddar, crushed tortilla chips and served with assorted toppings such as sour cream, sliced green onions, shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes (optional). From McCormick.
- Black Bean & Corn Chicken Bake: Made with just four ingredients…rotisserie chicken, black bean & corn salsa, shredded cheddar and flour tortillas. From Eat At Home Cooks.
- Slow Cooked: Made with ground beef sirloin, onion, garlic, taco seasoning mix, corn tortillas, chicken broth, tomato sauce, enchilada sauce, shredded cheddar, canned pinto, black or kidney beans, whole kernel corn, chopped green chiles, chopped ripe olives and served with sour cream. From Pillsbury.
- Taco Beef Bake: Ingredients include lean ground beef, taco seasoning mix, salsa, frozen niblets corn, Bisquick, shredded cheddar cheese and milk. From Betty Crocker.
- Mama’s: Ingredients include taco seasoning mix, margarine, ground beef, refried beans, bbq sauce, milk and instant mashed potato flakes. From Southern Plate.
- With Corn Bread: Ingredients include corn bread/muffin mix, an egg, milk, cooked taco seasoned meat (ground beef or ground turkey), canned black beans, light sour cream, shredded cheese, onion, chopped tomato, shredded lettuce and sliced olives (optional). From Debbie Does Dinner.
- Taco Casserole: Ingredients include taco sauce, can buttermilk biscuits, shredded cheddar cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, can olives, ground beef, green & red bell peppers and mushrooms. From Taste and Tell.
- Hearty Version: Ingredients include uncooked brown rice, lean ground beef, chopped onion & green pepper, garlic, taco seasoning, shredded cheddar, salsa, sour cream and more. From Taste of Home.
- With Pasta: Ingredients include dry penne pasta, olive oil, chopped onion, ground beef, taco seasoning, fresh tomatoes, multi-colored bell pepper strips, salsa (mild, medium or hot), Colby Jack cheese and fresh parsley for garnish. From What’s Cookin’ Chicago.
- Fiesta Style: Makes 4 servings, ingredients include spicy chili beans in sauce (can, undrained), salsa, coarsely broken tortilla chips, green onions, chopped tomato (fresh), shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar, tortilla chips (if desired), shredded lettuce (if desired). From Betty Crocker.