- TipNut.com - http://tipnut.com -
Tips For Removing Carpet Stains
Posted By Tipnut On June 28, 2010 @ 2:09 am In General | 25 Comments
Here are a few tips I’ve accumulated to get rid of and clean carpet stains, remember to always test in a small, unnoticeable area first to make sure there won’t be any discoloration or damage.
Keep In Mind:
Spilled nail polish can make an awful mess and here’s a tip sent in by Charlotte to clean that up:
- First clean what you can of the spill by blotting it up with paper towels.
- Next pour a little nail polish remover on the spill and blot the polish up, don’t rub it all over because it will just spread…just blot it up. Keep applying and blotting it up until the stain is gone.
- If you missed the spill and didn’t notice it until it dried, still try this but wait about 5 minutes before blotting up so it has a chance to work.
- After I did this there was a little trouble spot I missed but I was able to scrape it out with the edge of a plastic spoon, just soften with more remover and scrape it out. A plastic knife would probably work better but I was trying to do the least damage to the carpet fibers as possible.
- Afterwards wash the area with a bit of soapy water and then sponge with clear water to get rid of any residue.
Tipnut’s Notes: Use an acetone based product and one that isn’t oily (so you don’t have to deal with an oily residue left behind). Nice one to keep on file, thanks a bunch Charlotte!
Article printed from TipNut.com: http://tipnut.com
URL to article: http://tipnut.com/tips-for-removing-carpet-stains/
Copyright © 2008 TipNut.com. All rights reserved.