18 Trifle Desserts: Oh So Many To Try!
Whether you’re wanting something gooey and chocolaty or fruity and creamy, trifle fits the bill perfectly. This is a popular year-round dessert that’s both refreshing on hot summer days and impressive during the winter holiday festivities. The best part is, this dish is very easy to make!
Layers of cake cubes, jelly rolls or brownies are typically topped with a pudding and whipped topping mixture and filled with slices of assorted fruits or even chocolate bar pieces. There are many ways to make this treat, here are over a dozen ideas that I’ve handpicked from around the ‘net with each promising to please. Enjoy!
- Turtle: (as seen in photo) Made with mascarpone cheese (softened), whipping cream, vanilla extract, frozen pecan pie (thawed then cut into 1″ cubes), chocolate fudge topping, caramel topping and toasted chopped pecans. From My Recipes.
- Raspberry Peach: (as seen in photo) Ingredients include ripe peaches (cut into wedges), granulated sugar, cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, pure almond extract, heavy cream, raspberries, angel food cake and toasted almonds (sliced). Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight before serving. From Woman’s Day.
- Raspberry Lemon: Ingredients include strips of pound cake, lemon curd, fresh raspberries, heavy whipping cream, Limoncello and mint to garnish. From Paiges of Style.
- Caramel Apple: Made with cubes of baked cake (apple, white or pound), apple pie filling, a jar of caramel sauce, apple cider donuts, prepared vanilla pudding or custard, coarsely chopped oatmeal cookies and whipped topping. From Cookies & Cups.
- Mudslide Brownie: Serves 7 to 8 in 6.5 oz glasses, this treat is made with layers of chocolate pudding & Kahlua, vanilla pudding & Bailey’s Irish Cream, brownies & almonds. From Bakers Royale.
- Shortbread & Eggnog Pudding: Shortbread cookies are crushed then added to the bottom of dessert glasses (or small canning jars) then topped with a pudding mixture made with eggnog, sugar, salt, cornstarch, cold milk, egg yolks, vanilla extract and butter (brought to a boil until it thickens). Whipped topping is made with heavy cream and extra-fine sugar. Garnished with nutmeg. From Sprinkle Bakes.
- Fudgie Brownie: A boxed brownie mix is baked (with coffee granules added) then cooled and cut into 1″ squares. Topped with a chocolate fudge instant pudding & pie filling mix, toffee bits and whipped topping. Layers are repeated. From Betty Crocker.
- Pumpkin Spice: Can be made in advance, ingredients for pumpkin spice filling: cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, canned pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice. Crumble mixture: graham cracker crumbs, whole pecans, sugar and melted butter (salted). Whipped cream & powdered sugar are mixed together for the creamy layers. From Dainty Chef.
- Red Velvet: Makes 6 – 8 servings, cake is made from scratch. Filling ingredients: envelope cheesecake flavored instant pudding, milk, freshly whipped cream and garnished with pecan pieces and fresh mint leaves. From Paula Deen.
- Peanut Butter Fudge Brownie: Made with cubes of brownies, instant chocolate pudding, peanut butter cups (chopped), heavy cream, granulated sugar, creamy peanut butter, powdered sugar, milk, whipped cream cheese. From How Sweet It Is.
- Easy Tiramisu: A quick and simple dessert full of tiramisu flavor without all the work (takes less than 20 minutes to make). Ingredients: heavy whipping cream, granulated sugar, ricotta cheese, unsweetened cocoa powder, Kahlua, instant espresso granules, chocolate cookie crumbs, fresh raspberries and chocolate shavings (for garnish). From My Baking Addiction.
- Fresh Blueberry Cheesecake: Cubes of Angel food cake or sponge cake are layered with a mixture of cheesecake flavor pudding, whipping cream, granulated sugar and strawberries, blueberries and kiwis then topped with whipped cream. From Loving Every Second.
- Pumpkin Gingerbread: Gingerbread is baked (can use a mix), cooled then crumbled and topped with a pudding mixture (made of vanilla pudding mix, pumpkin pie filling, sugar and cardamom) and a layer of whipped topping. Layers are repeated then crushed gingersnaps are sprinkled over top. Refrigerated overnight before serving. From Paula Deen at Food Network.
- Twix Trifle: Oh my! Caramel mouse is piped over chopped Twix bars then covered with a layer of chocolate fudge sauce. Layers are repeated then topped off with whipped cream and more Twix bars. From Gimme Some Oven.
- Died & Gone To Heaven: (aka Chocolate Trifle) Brownies are cut into 1″ squares (you can use homemade or boxed), then layered with a pudding mixture (made with instant chocolate pudding mix, water, sweetened condensed milk, Cool Whip and Heath candy bars) and Cool Whip. Topped with Heath candy bars. From Chef In Training.
- With Summer Berries: Jam rollettes (jelly rolls) are sliced and then layered with cubes of Jello, apple juice (or sherry), strawberries, blueberries, vanilla custard and topped with whipped cream. From taste.com.au.
- Red, White & Blueberry: Angel food cake is cut into cubes (you can use a cake mix if you like) and layered with sliced strawberries, blueberries and an easy cream filling (made with sweetened condensed milk, cold water, sugar-free white chocolate instant pudding mix and whipped topping). From Skinny Taste.
- Easy Punch Bowl Trifle: Prepared with chocolate cake mix (baked then cut in cubes) and layered with sliced strawberries, strawberry glaze, whipped topping and chocolate frosting. Topped with whipped topping, shaved chocolate and strawberries. From Taste of Home.