If you’re looking for crafty projects and DIY ideas that are not only gift-worthy for Father’s Day but also useful…this is the list for you! Here’s a collection of free tutorials and projects that will be appreciated and used by Dad throughout the year…and don’t miss the bonus goodies listed at the bottom! PS: I’ll be updating this page each year so you may want to bookmark this page for future reference :).
Upcycled Handlebar Bag: Make this clever bicycle accessory for Dad so he has a handy spot carrying keys, maps, a granola bar, or if he’s really lucky, a pocket GPS unit.
Golf Towel: Perfect gift idea for golfers, this is the nicest tutorial I’ve come across for making a golf towel.
Father’s Day Ties: This tie is remarkably simple to sew and makes the perfect Father’s Day present (plus there won’t be another like it!).
Photo Coffee Sleeve: Great little gift idea for coffee lovers, make a sleeve that will fit his favorite cup size and insert a picture of his favorite peeps.
Tie Napkin: A fun idea for dad, he can wear this for messy bbq feasts! lol
Stadium Blanket With Canvas Tote: The blanket is made with wool blanket fabric and is rolled up and carried with a canvas tote.
Personalized Glass Items: Use etching cream (or a sandblaster) to personalize glass mugs or containers (for desktop, dresser, etc.) to make something special for dad.
Husband Valet: Handy container to hold keys, loose change, a wallet and other small items. Made with felt, cross stitch plastic and thread.
Manly Travel Power Cord Roll-Up: A tweedy little wrap with space for multiple laptop/phone/gadget accessories and cords, made with thrifted suit pants.
Sweet Treats, Free Printables & Paper Crafts
- Fast Food Fun: Really clever! Cupcake + Brownie + Cookies = One Happy Meal (includes free printables to present it too).
- Dad, You Rock – Free Printable Card
- Happy Father’s Day – Card
- World’s Greatest Dad Certificate: Free printable (via pdf download)
- Notepad: Wrap a rubber band around a notepad cube and have kids write greetings and make drawings on two sides with a broad, pointy marker.
- Skinny Necktie Cake: Made with 2 9×4 baked cakes or 1 large rectangular cake cut lengthwise in half.
- Retro Clip Art Labels: Free pdf download.
- DIY Shirt & Tie Gift Boxes: Free template download available (pdf).
- Circle Tags & Cupcake Toppers: Three different designs, free pdf download.
- Happy Husband Kit (Printables): Features a golf ball box, menu card and gift cards.
- Golf Wreath
- Putting Green Cupcake: A sweet treat for your favorite golfer, also see this Football Themed Cupcake and this Baseball Themed Cupcake
- iDad Card: Make a homemade card in the design of an iPad using cardstock and free graphics found online.
- Greeting Card: Fun “bomb” character with the saying: “Dad, You’re The Bomb!”.
- Room Service: Free printable door hanger where dad can list breakfast items he’d like to see on his special day.
- Free Card (2012): A tree trunk design waiting to be decorated with leaves (made with the kiddos thumbprints and fingerpaint).
- Sock Bands, Cards & Labels: Here’s a nice set of goodies, choose from a card (two colors available), sock bands and bottle labels.
- Gift Bag Tags: Shades of blue and gray with a chevron stripe design, prints 4 per page (pdf).
- Super Hero Dad: Fun print in assorted sizes (for card or frameable print).
- Colorful Scallop Tags: Scalloped borders in assorted colors, prints 15 per page.
- All-Star Father: A folded 5″ x 5″ card.
- Red & Blue Stripes Card: Reads “To My Dear Old Dad Happy Father’s Day & P.S. I Love You”
- Masters of Disguise: Fun photo props set!
- Coke Can Sleeve: Reads “Best Pop Ever!”