Looking for a healthy and satisfying treat to snack on when it’s munchy time? Or how about replacing blah and boring commercial cereals with some wholesome, crunchy goodness? Homemade granola is just the ticket!
This stuff isn’t tasteless twigs and berries, it’s DELICIOUS! You can make it with assorted nuts, dried fruits, coconut, seeds, the sky’s the limit here.
Try a bowlful with milk at breakfast time, sprinkle a bit over yogurt, munch on it as a dry mix or use it to make your own energy bars for a pick-me-up afternoon snack. It’s so versatile and the best news is…it’s so simple to make!
Bonus: Some can be frozen too for those of you who like to make big batches ahead of time.
Here are over 40 recipes that I’ve handpicked from around the ‘net–each look mighty tasty! I’ve separated the list into two groups for easier browsing, first you’ll find the mixes and then nearly a dozen bars at the bottom. Enjoy!
- With Dried Fruit: Made with rolled oats, coconut flakes (unsweetened), flax seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower or pumpkin seeds, toasted nuts (chopped), cinnamon, sea salt, brown sugar, grapeseed oil, honey, pure maple syrup, pure vanilla extract and dried fruit. From The Kitchen Sink Recipes.
- Rancho de los Caballeros: Made with old fashioned rolled oats, sweetened coconut flakes, slivered almonds, vegetable oil, brown sugar, honey, cinnamon and salt. Dried fruits: apricots, prunes, cranberries, cherries and raisins. Will keep for 2 weeks stored in an airtight container and can also be frozen. From A Gift Wrapped Life.
- Slow Roasted Cranberry Coconut: Made with rolled oats, shredded unsweetened coconut, sesame seeds, flaxseeds, chopped dried cranberries, cinnamon, all-spice, Kosher salt, extra virgin olive oil and honey. From The Cilantropist.
- Pistachio Coconut: Makes 12 cups, ingredients include rolled oats, crispy puffed rice, roughly chopped pistachios, unsweetened coconut chips, ground flax seeds, golden raisins, allspice, cinnamon, fleur de sel, extra virgin olive oil and honey. From Saveur.
- Nuts, Coconut, Flax Seed & More: Yields 3 quart sized bags and can be frozen. Made with rolled oats (or old fashioned or quick), choice of chopped nuts, salt, brown sugar, sweetened coconut, ground flax seed, wheat germ, vegetable oil, maple syrup, cinnamon. Oven baked and can be frozen. From Seven Alive.
- The Best: Makes about 2 pounds, ingredients include multi-grain flakes or old-fashioned rolled oats, coarsely chopped almonds, sunflower seeds, untoasted sesame seeds, packed light brown sugar, ground cinnamon, dried ground ginger, sea salt, unsweetened applesauce (or other unsweetened fruit puree), rice syrup, honey and vegetable oil. Can be stored in a large, airtight container for up to 1 month. From David Lebovitz.
- Easy: Made with rolled oats, vegetable oil, honey, vanilla extract, shredded coconut, sesame seeds, sliced almonds and dried cranberries or raisins. Oven-baked and can be stored for up to 2 weeks. From Martha Stewart.
- With Assorted Nuts: Made with old-fashioned oats, coarsely chopped nuts (such as almonds, pistachios, walnuts, etc.), choice of seeds (such as sunflower, pepitas, etc.), flaxseed meal or wheat germ (or some of each), ground cinnamon, egg whites, Kosher salt, sweetener (such as honey, agave syrup or molasses), extra-virgin olive oil and assorted dried fruit of choice (such as sour cherries, cranberries, currants, raisins, apricots, figs and pineapple). From Whole Living.
- Gift-Worthy: (Includes free printable labels to download) Made with olive oil, salt, light brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, honey, sweetened coconut, oats, pecans, almonds, golden raisins and dried cranberries. From Honey & Fitz.
- Almond Coconut: Made with old-fashioned oats, unsweetened coconut flakes, whole raw almonds, brown sugar, salt, ground cinnamon, olive oil, mild honey, vanilla extract and chopped dried fruit. Can be stored for up to 1 month. From Buttered Up.
- Mini Chocolate Chips & Marshmallow Add-Ins: Made with oatmeal, wheat germ, slivered almonds, chopped pecans, flaked coconut, dark brown sugar, non flavored vegetable oil, cinnamon, vanilla, assorted dried fruit and a couple cups of add-ins (such as mini chocolate chips, mini marshmallows). From StoneGable.
- With Applesauce: Ingredients include old fashioned oats, nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds), sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, unsweetened applesauce, honey, vegetable oil and raisins. From Fake Ginger.
- With Peanut Butter: Ingredients include rolled oats, puffed brown rice, unsweetened applesauce, smooth or crunchy all-natural peanut butter, canola oil, Turbinado sugar (or granulated), brown rice syrup (or other liquid sweetener such as maple syrup, agave nectar, honey), pure vanilla extract, salt and unsalted raw or dry-roasted peanuts. From Healthy Food For Living.
- Pumpkin Spice: Ingredients include rolled oats, puffed rice, pumpkin pie spice, salt, light brown sugar, pumpkin puree, unsweetened applesauce, pure maple syrup, vanilla extract, chopped nuts and/or seeds (such as pecans, walnuts, pumpkin seeds), dried fruit (unsulfured dried cranberries, cherries or raisins). From Healthy Food For Living.
- Cocoa Hazelnut: Ingredients include coarsely chopped hazelnuts, dried cranberries (chopped), rolled oats, cocoa powder, sea salt, oil and maple syrup. From Always With Butter.
- Elvis: Yields about 1 pound, made with canola oil, maple syrup, chunky peanut butter, salt, cinnamon, old fashioned oats, ground flaxseeds, dry roasted peanuts, sunflower seeds and chopped dark chocolate (or miniature chocolate chips). From Eat, Live, Run.
- Almond & Coconut Macaroon: Made with old fashioned oats, puffed wheat, unsweetened applesauce, melted coconut butter, pure maple syrup, pure vanilla extract, pure almond extract, salt, sliced almonds and sweetened shredded coconut. From The Sweets Life.
- Pineapple Macadamia: Ingredients include oats, chopped macadamia nuts, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, chopped dried pineapple, cinnamon, melted coconut oil, honey, vanilla and a mashed banana. From A Daily Dose of Fit.
- Cranberry Pecan: Made with old-fashioned rolled oats, shelled, raw, unsalted sunflower seeds, chopped pecans, dried cranberries, cinnamon, pure maple syrup and canola oil. From Sara Lynn Paige.
- Sugar-Free Almond Maple Clusters: Yields about 7 cups, ingredients include gluten-free old-fashioned oats, almond flour, brown rice flour, Kosher salt, canola oil or olive oil, dark brown sugar, maple syrup and vanilla extract. From Serious Eats.
- Pumpkin Spice Latte: Ingredients include rolled oats, dried cranberries, chopped pecans, chia seeds, flax seeds, applesauce, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, agave nectar (or maple syrup), brown sugar, coffee grounds, salt, pumpkin pie spice and coconut oil (or canola). From Taste & See.
- Apple: Made with oatmeal flakes, puffed rice, puffed amaranth, chopped hazelnuts (toasted), golden linseeds, pumpkin seeds, apple compote, agave syrup, sunflower oil, dried apple slices and chopped dark chocolate (optional). Oven baked and will keep for about 1 month. From Kitchen & Bakery.
- Vanilla Buckwheat: Made with roasted buckwheat groats (kasha), uncooked millet, uncooked quinoa, chopped almonds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, unsweetened applesauce, olive oil, honey, maple or agave syrup and vanilla extract. Yields 20 servings. From Anja’s Food 4 Thought.
- Vegan, GF, Buckwheat: Made with soaked buckwheat, quinoa puffs, melted coconut oil, vanilla stevia, ground chia seeds, cinnamon and a pinch of salt. From Sketch-free Vegan Eating.
- Raw, Vegan: Made with soaked and dehydrated buckwheat, ground flaxseed, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, raisins, dried, chopped apples, maple syrup (or agave), coconut or flax oil, water, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. From Choosing Raw.
- Omega-3: Can be made a week ahead if kept refrigerated, ingredients include walnut oil, dark brown sugar, egg whites, coarse Kosher salt, organic old-fashioned oats, walnut halves, flaxseed meal, pitted dates (coarsely chopped or torn into pieces) and honey. From Bon Appetit.
- With Peanut Butter: Ingredients include large flake oats, unsweetened shredded coconut, chopped or sliced almonds, chopped walnuts, liquid honey, peanut butter (smooth or crunchy), ground cinnamon and raisins/dried cranberries. From Ben Does Life.
- Katie’s: Baked for 2 hours in a cool oven, ingredients include old-fashioned rolled oats, whole-wheat flour, wheat germ, shredded or flaked coconut, chopped pecans and sliced almond, vanilla, water, honey and a healthy oil (such as coconut). From Word of Wisdom Living.
- Honey Almond: Yields approximately 2 cups, ingredients include coconut oil or butter (for greasing pan), honey, melted butter, real vanilla extract, uncooked regular oats, whole wheat flour, sliced almonds and Kosher salt. From Simply Scratch.
- With Hazelnuts, Cherries & Golden Raisins: Ingredients include rolled oats, cinnamon, salt, vegetable oil, honey, firmly packed light brown sugar, pure vanilla extract, whole almonds (or slivered), whole hazelnuts, golden raisins and dried cherries. Can be stored for up to a week. From Amateur Gourmet.
- With Coconut Oil: Made with rolled oats, slivered almonds, sunflower seeds, coconut chips, Kosher salt, cinnamon, cardamom, coconut oil, honey, brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract and dried cherries (or other fruit).
- Multi-Grain Energy: Yields 12, ingredients include slivered almonds, toasted sesame seeds, dried tart cherries, dried currants, dried blueberries, dried apricots, 7-grain cereal, rolled oats, honey, Kosher salt, organic peanut butter and vanilla extract. From Whole Grain Gourmet.
- With Dates, Cranberries & Apricots: Yields 12 – 16, made with old-fashioned oatmeal, sliced almonds, shredded coconut, toasted wheat germ, unsalted butter, honey, light brown sugar, pure vanilla extract, Kosher salt, chopped pitted dates, dried apricots and dried cranberries. From Barefoot Contessa.
- Almond Honey: Makes 8, ingredients include old-fashioned rolled oats, slivered almonds, sunflower seeds, flaxseeds (preferably golden), sesame seeds, unsweetened whole-grain puffed cereal, currants, dried apricots, golden raisins, creamy almond butter, turbinado sugar, honey, vanilla extract and salt. From Eating Well.
- Peanut Butter: Yields 16, made with a large egg white, old-fashioned oats, dried cranberries, sliced almonds, salt, natural peanut butter or almond butter, light brown sugar, vegetable oil, ground cinnamon. From Martha Stewart.
- No-Bake: Makes 12, ingredients include overripe bananas, oats, crunchy cereal, pure maple syrup (or other sweetener), peanut butter (or other nut or seed butter), semi-sweet chocolate chips, dried cranberries (or other fruit) and cocoa powder. Can be frozen. From Food Doodles.
- With Pecans: Made with rolled oats (old fashioned or instant), chopped pecans, flax seeds, sesame seeds, puffed brown rice, chopped dried fruit (such as apricots, cranberries, cherries, raisins), brown sugar (optional) and vanilla. From Fancy Toast.
- Chocolate: Made with peanut butter, honey, butter, oats, ground flax seed, coconut and chocolate chips. Includes a few variations to try. From A Turtle’s Life For Me.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip: Yields 16 – 18, made with dried prunes, dates, warm water, peanut butter (or Sun Butter or Nutella), rolled oats and mini chocolate chips. From Sugar Crafter.
- Mock TRIO & KIND: Includes a list of variations for fruit & nuts and just nuts, ingredients include toasted or raw nuts, seeds (green pumpkin, etc.), chopped dried fruit, fine sea salt, brown rice syrup, barley malt syrup or light can syrup. Makes 8 and will keep for up to 2 weeks. From Enlightened Cooking.
- With Walnuts & Almonds: Ingredients include old fashioned rolled oats, raw walnuts & almonds (or your choice of nuts), unsweetened coconut, dried cranberries (or other dried fruit), cinnamon, honey, brown sugar, butter, vanilla and salt. From Miss Make.
- Chewy (No-Bake): Yields 18, ingredients include unsalted butter, light brown sugar, honey, plain granola, Rice Krispies, semisweet chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. From Back To The Cutting Board.