With just a few simple ingredients, lip balms can be made that incorporate favorite flavors and colors…they’re super easy to whip up and can be fun gifts too!
Here’s a list I put together of different tutorials…there are also a few tips for moisturizing at the bottom of the page.
First up, here are a couple goodies I found tucked away in my files (both chocolate flavored), yum!
1 1/2 tsp grated cocoa butter
1/2 tsp coconut oil
1/8 tsp vitamin E oil
3 chocolate chips
- Microwave the first three items until melted–watch so it isn’t heated too long.
- While still hot, add the chocolate and stir until melted and well blended.
- Pour into a small clean container and cool completely before using.
3 TBS Cocoa Butter
5 Chocolate Chips
1 Capsule Vitamin E
- Gently melt items in a microwave then blend well with a spoon.
- Put into a container and cool completely in the refrigerator before using.
*Ingredients are a sample only and not a full list.
Kool-Aid Version: Petroleum jelly, Kool-Aid drink crystals, containers. Free labels included for strawberry and cherry (via pdf download).
Pink Tinted: Add a bit of color and moisturize at the same time. Includes a chunk of red lipstick and shimmery eye shadow (to add a bit of sparkle).
Orange Honey: Honey, orange EO (or whatever you like) and other basic supplies.
Basic: Carrier oil (sunflower, castor, or jojoba); EO; honey (for flavor).
Banana Flavored: Shea Butter, Banana EO, Vitamin E and more.
DIY Kiss: Paraffin, petroleum jelly, candy melts and candy flavoring.
Winter’s coming and that means: chapped lips! Here are a few different tips to try:
- Dab on some Vaseline, take an old toothbrush and rub the vaseline gently over them. Doesn’t hurt ;).
- Rub the gel from a cracked open vitamin E gel capsule on them.
- Try rubbing on some sesame or olive oil.
- It also helps to keep well hydrated–drink lots of water!