[Updated for 2012] Here’s a fun collection in this Hit List, tasty treats to enjoy during the summer season! This list isn’t exclusive to popsicles, I’ve also included pudding, frozen yogurt & fruit pops.
Many of these are a lot healthier (and sometimes cheaper) than buying ready-made. How to pick just one, they all look so good!
Not sure where to start? Try layering 2, 3 or more flavors in your molds for treats that aren’t only going to please your taste buds, they look pretty too (see picture).
I’ve organized the collection into groups for easier browsing (by flavor), some fit into more than one but are grouped with just one flavor (example Banana Coconut is just filed under Banana).
At the bottom of the page you’ll find treats just for grownups since they contain a bit of alcohol as well as a section for Mixed Fruits & Berries. To start the list off is a group of “Assorted”, these didn’t really fit well with anything else.
As always, I’ll be updating this page as I find new goodies so you may want to bookmark it for future reference. Lots here to check out, enjoy!
*Sugar is used in most of the recipes below unless otherwise noted
- Apple Cider & Rosemary: Made with apple juice, chopped fresh rosemary, cinnamon stick, whole cloves, apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract. From Bon Appetit.
- Sunshine: Layered with fruit syrups (cantaloupe, cranberry-orange juice, cranberry) in molds then frozen. From Martha Stewart.
- Caramel Popcorn: Makes 6 pops. Ingredients: microwaveable butter flavored popcorn, milk, heavy cream, salt and Dulce de luche caramel topping (made from a can of sweetened condensed milk or caramel sauce). From Zoku.
- Pistachio: Made with cornstarch, salt, milk, unsalted butter, vanilla extract, shelled pistachios and green food coloring. From Erin Cooks.
- Cardamom Rhubarb Sorbet Creamsicles: Made with fresh rhubarb (chopped), water, salt, dried lemon zest, cardamom, vanilla extract, corn syrup and heavy cream. From A Good Appetite.
- Plum Smoothie Pop: Made with corn syrup, assorted plums, fresh lime juice and plain yogurt. From Country Living.
- Avocado: Made with avocado, coconut milk, cream and a pinch of salt. From Yum Sugar.
- Frozen Jello: Made with any flavored Jello you like, poured into molds then frozen. From For The Love Of Food.
- Rainbow Pudding: Made with instant pudding mix (a light color variety), milk, food coloring and frozen in Dixie Cup molds with sticks. From Sandy Toes & Popsicles.
- Kiwi Ice Pops: Made with kiwis and fresh lime juice. From Country Living.
- Mango Lassi: (& a Strawberry variation) Made with a chopped, ripe mango, Greek yogurt, milk, ground cardamom and a pinch of salt. Strawberry Honey variation is made with strawberries instead and honey in place of the cardamom and salt. From Desserts For Breakfast.
- Mango Orange: Made with mangoes (peeled and diced), freshly squeezed orange juice and yogurt. From 6 Bittersweets.
- Nutella Fudgesicles: Makes 6 and just two ingredients required: Pacific hazelnut chocolate milk and Nutella. From Daily Waffle.
- Root Beer Float: Made with root beer, maraschino cherries and vanilla ice cream. From Erin Cooks.
- Cereal & Milk: Made with cornflakes, milk, cream, sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar, salt and Fruit Loops. From The Little Foodie.
- Tie Dye: Made with blackberries, freshly squeezed lemon juice and low-fat or nonfat vanilla yogurt. From Martha Stewart.
- Banana Cream Pie: Ingredients include graham crackers, butter, instant banana pudding, instant vanilla pudding, sliced fruit (optional) and frozen in disposable paper cups (with sticks). From Momtastic.
- Strawberry Banana: Made with strawberry juice, plain yogurt, honey and a large banana cut into rounds. From Williams-Sonoma.
- Banana & Coconut: Makes 6, ingredients include a very ripe banana, toasted coconut flakes, butter, brown sugar and plain yogurt. From Wandering Chopsticks.
- Banana & Blueberry Swirl: Makes 10, made with ripe bananas, yogurt, lemon juice and fresh blueberries. From Martha Stewart.
- Banana & Cherry: Made with sugar-free cherry gelatin, bananas, lemon juice, light whipping cream, apple cherry juice concentrate, water and ice cubes. From Pantry Eats.
- Blueberry Lemon: Made with blueberries, frozen grape juice concentrate, zest of lemons and lemon juice. From Two Fat Als.
- Blueberry Greek Yogurt: Made with fresh or frozen blueberries, honey and Greek Yogurt. From Hey Donna.
- Blueberry: Made with fresh blueberries and lemon juice. From Family.com.
- Cantaloupe & Cherry: Ingredients include ripe cantaloupe, lime juice, mild flavoured honey, Greek yoghurt and pitted cherries. From Honest Cooking.
- Cranberry Cherry: Made with Cran-Cherry juice, frozen pitted cherries, Greek-style vanilla yogurt, fresh lemon juice and fresh lemon zest. From Ocean Spray.
- Organic Cherry Kefir: Makes 8, ingredients include organic frozen cherries, organic whole milk, agave syrup. From Take Back Your Table.
- Strawberry or Cherry: Made with plain yogurt, pureed strawberries or pie cherries, honey. From The Iowa Farmer’s Wife.
- Topped With Chocolate Drizzle: Makes 6, ingredients include fresh pitted cherries, Greek vanilla yogurt, whole milk and topped with a homemade magic shell made with semisweet chocolate chips and refined coconut oil. From Sweetest Kitchen.
- Cherry Yogurt: Made with concentrated cherry juice, water, vanilla Greek yogurt, honey and milk. From Naturally Ella.
- Creamy Fudgsicles: Makes 5 to 6. Made with cocoa powder, canned coconut milk, very ripe bananas, a bit of salt, vanilla extract and peanut butter (optional). From Chocolate Covered Katies.
- Fudge: Made with all-purpose flour, baking cocoa and milk. From Taste of Home.
- Chocolate & Salted Caramel: Makes about a dozen, ingredients include cornstarch, a pinch of salt, cold whole milk, chopped dark chocolate and vanilla extract. From Endless Simmer.
- Mint Fudgcicles: Makes 4, ingredients include semi-sweet chocolate chips, cornstarch, unsweetened cocoa powder, whole milk, a pinch of salt, vanilla extract and unsalted butter. From Wonderful Joy Ahead.
- DIY Fudgsicles: Made with bittersweet chocolate (chopped fine), heavy cream, whole milk, unsweetened cocoa powder, vanilla extract. From Serious Eats.
- White Chocolate & Berries: Made with whole milk, finely chopped white chocolate, a pinch of salt, mixed fresh or frozen berries and dipped in bittersweet or semisweet chocolate. From David Lebovitz.
- Rocky Road Fudge: Made with cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix, milk, marshmallow creme, optional mix-ins ideas include chopped walnuts, chopped peanuts, mini marshmallows, mini m&ms, miniature semisweet chocolate chips. From Dinner’s On Me.
- Snowy Peak Pops: A homemade version of frozen revel treats, this is made with vanilla ice cream, semi- or bittersweet chocolate and white nonpareils. From Martha Stewart.
- Samoa: Made with coconut pudding (or vanilla), milk, pure vanilla extract, finely chopped Samoa cookies, Magic Shell and toasted coconut. From My Baking Addiction.
- Coconut Cream: Made with evaporated milk, coconut milk, vanilla, egg yolk, cinnamon to taste and shredded coconut. From The Noshery.
- Simple: Made with coconut milk, sweetened condensed milk and unsweetened coconut flakes. From A Minneapolis Homestead.
- Coconut or Macaroon: Ingredients include shredded coconut (toasted), coconut milk, half & half cream, sweetened condensed milk, a pinch of salt and Mexican vanilla extract. From Cooking With Alison.
- Maple Mocha Pops: Made with heavy whipping cream, half-and-half cream, maple syrup, chocolate syrup, instant coffee granules. From Taste of Home.
- Vietnamese Coffee: Made with extra-strong coffee or espresso and sweetened condensed milk. From David Lebovitz.
- Mocha: Made with whole milk, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, strongly brewed coffee, sweetened condensed milk, unsweetened cocoa powder. From Eating Out Loud.
- Turkish Coffee: Made with freshly brewed organic coffee, cardamom pods (seeds removed and crushed), organic cream or soy milk, honey and Guittard chocolate chips (finely crushed). From Saffron Lane.
- Easy-Peasy: Made with leftover coffee, milk and sugar. From Anne Jisca’s Healthy Pursuits.
- Chocolate Mocha: Made with Dutch processed cocoa, half-and-half, instant espresso powder and vanilla. From Beyond Wonderful.
- Pink Lemonade: Made with lemon juice, grenadine and Tazo Passion tea bags. From Somewhere Splendid.
- Lemon With Raspberries: Made with plain or Greek yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest and raspberries. From Dessert First.
- Lemon Blueberry Twist: Made with a can of blueberries, custard-style lemon yogurt and milk. From MyRecipes.
- Lemon: Made with lemon juice and light corn syrup. From Ricardo Cuisine.
- Lemonade Cucumber: Made with julienned seedless cucumber, fresh squeezed lemon, cold water and natural sweetener (Stevia, maple syrup, honey, agave). From Family Fresh Cooking.
- Lemon Dream: Made with fresh lemon juice, grated lemon peel, a pinch of salt and buttermilk. From Whipped.
- Lime Pie: Yields 8 to 10, made with sweetened condensed milk, half-and-half, fresh lime juice, finely grated lime zest, a pinch of salt and coasted with coarsely crushed graham cracker or cookies. From Tasting Table.
- Honeydew Lime: Made with ripe honeydew melon and fresh lime juice. From Epicurious.
- Kiwi-Lime: Made with finely freshly grated lime zest, grated fresh ginger, lime juice, green food coloring (just a drop, optional) and very thinly sliced kiwis. From Eating Well.
- Cucumber Lime: Made with juice of 1 lime, peeled cucumber. From The Little Foodie.
- Orange & Vanilla: Made with cold milk, vanilla ice cream frozen orange juice concentrate and frozen in popsicle molds or disposable plastic cups. From Taste of Home.
- Orange Banana Smoothie: Made with Greek yogurt, thawed orange juice concentrate, large bananas, zest of 1 lime and fresh lime juice. From Country Living.
- Orange Coconut: Made with valencia oranges (peeled, segmented & seeds removed), orange juice, light coconut milk, vanilla extract and liquid stevia extract. From This Mama Cooks.
- Peaches & Cream: Made with a sugar syrup, lightly whipped heavy cream, icing sugar, a vanilla bean and peaches (peeled, pitted & chopped). From Technicolor Kitchen.
- Strawberry Peach: Made with hulled strawberries, peeled and pitted peaches, lemon juice. From Country Living.
- Chunky Peach: Made with ripe peaches, juice of 1 lemon, freshly squeezed orange juice and vanilla extract. From Eating Well.
- Ice Pops: Made with peeled peaches, simple syrup, lemon juice and peach nectar, mango juice or orange juice. From Denise’s Kitchen.
- Peachy Coconut: Made with pureed peaches, coconut milk, vanilla. From Mother Thyme.
- Peach & Sour Cherry: Made with peeled, chopped peaches, sour cherries (fresh or frozen), honey, white peach balsamic. From The Whole Kitchen.
- With Mango: Ingredients include pureed mango, pureed ripe peaches, lime or lemon juice. From Whole Foods Market.
- Raspberry & White Cherry: Made with fresh raspberries, white cherries (pits removed), lemon juice and yogurt. Found at Verses From My Kitchen.
- Raspberry Creamsicles: Made with raspberries, cream (heavy or light), lemon juice, vanilla yogurt. From Family Fun.
- Rasberry Semifreddo: Made with eggs, vanilla bean, cream and frozen raspberries. From Donna Hay.
- Raspberry Lime: Makes 8, ingredients include raspberries, lime zest and juice. From My Pantry Shelf.
- With Strawberries: Made with frozen or fresh raspberries and strawberries, lemon juice and zest, agave. From Baking With Basil.
- Layered With Yogurt: Ingredients include plain low-fat yogurtnand frozen raspberries. From Martha Stewart.
- Strawberry Shortcake: Made with pureed strawberries, crushed vanilla Oreos and vanilla yogurt. From Bakers Royale.
- Strawberry Vanilla: Made with hulled and halved strawberries, lemon juice and premium vanilla ice cream. From The Cutting Edge of Ordinary.
- Strawberry Coconut: Made with strawberries, frozen coconut shavings, French Vanilla coffee creamer and milk. From Oh My Deer Handmades.
- Firecracker: Makes 10, ingredients include hulled and quartered strawberries, blueberries and low-fat plain yogurt. From Martha Stewart.
- Balsamic-Strawberry: Made with sliced, hulled strawberries, good quality balsamic vinegar and freshly ground black pepper. From Style At Home.
- With Cream Cheese: Made with fresh strawberries, softened cream cheese, milk, honey, maple syrup or sugar. From Dairy Goodness.
- Strawberry Shortcake: Made with hulled strawberries, fat-free vanilla yogurt, fat-free sweetened condensed milk and crushed corn flakes. From Weight Watchers.
- Watermelon: Made with lime Jello, strawberry Jello, miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips, cream cheese and Cool Whip. From Kraft Foods.
- Watermelon Jalapeno: Made with fresh red or yellow watermelon cubes, fresh lime juice, light-colored corn syrup, liquid pectin, jalapeno pepper and grated lime rind. From MyRecipes.
- Watermelon Mint: Made with cubes of watermelon, mint leaves and lime juice. From Eating Out Loud.
- With Blueberries: Made with chopped seedless watermelon, lime juice and fresh blueberries. From Eating Well.
- Simple Melon: Made with watermelon (or cantaloupe or honeydew), lemon or lime juice. From BakerGal.
Cocktail Versions (For Grown-ups):
- Margarita: Made with fresh lime juice, fresh lemon juice, fresh orange juice, tequila, orange liqueur and garnished with Kosher salt. Uses Dixie Cups as molds (or other small paper cups). From For Ladies By Ladies.
- Dirty Pirate: Made with Coke, spiced rum and Kahlua. From Endless Simmer.
- Spiked Watermelon: Made with chunks of watermelon, watermelon flavored 70 proof vodka, chopped fresh mint leaves. From Food Network.
- Peach & Coconut Cream: Made with peaches, Riesling, lemon juice, coconut milk, Bailey’s Irish Creme, vanilla and sweetened shredded coconut. From Vanilla Basil.
- Mojito: Made with fresh lime juice, club soda, fresh mint leaves, lemon wedges, lime wedges and light rum. From Erin Cooks.
- Eggnog: Made with coconut milk, evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, salt, pasteurized egg yolk, ground cinnamon, pure vanilla extract and light rum. From Food Network.
- Blueberry, Peach & Tequila: Made with ripe peaches, tequila, fresh lemon juice and fresh blueberries. From Food & Wine.
- Cherry Apple Whiskey Sour: Made with cherries, green apple, lime, whiskey and sweet and sour mix (water, sugar and lemon juice). From Endless Simmer.
- Limoncello & Lime: Made with grated zest of limes (plus juice), small pineapple, honeydew melon, rockmelon, kiwifruit, thickened cream (whipped), condensed milk, limoncello. From Taste.com.au.
Mixed Fruits & Berries:
- Fruit Smoothie: Made with frozen fruit (raspberries, strawberries, etc.), banana, milk or juice. From Cathie Filian.
- Honey Yogurt Berry: Made with Greek Yogurt, raw honey and mixed berries (blueberries, strawberries, blackberries). From Joylicious.
- Berry Yogurt: Made with blueberries, blackberries, fat free blueberry yogurt, crushed ice, fat free vanilla yogurt, agave, raspberries, strawberries, fat free strawberry yogurt. From Skinny Taste.
- Triple Berry: Made with blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and fresh lemon juice. From MyRecipes.
- Red, White & Blueberry: Red layer ingredients: water, powdered gelatin, hulled strawberries, raspberries, balsamic vinegar, honey. White layer: milk, powdered gelatin, vanilla bean, plain yogurt, cream cheese, honey, a pinch of salt. Blueberry layer: water, powdered gelatin, blueberries, lemon juice and honey. From Serious Eats.
- Striped Fruit: Made with honey, sliced fresh strawberries, kiwifruit and fresh ripe peaches. From Taste of Home.