With a binder or planner, some paper and a printer–you’ve got all you need to setup a complete household management hot spot: your Household Organizer (aka Household Notebook, Journal, or Planner).
These are a great tool to keep your routine chores, To Do lists, activities and notes organized. You may also find they help motivate you to keep things moving on a daily basis.
Visit the links below for examples and instructions for a few different systems and inspiration galore. You’ll also find some free printables & tools to use listed at the bottom, make them as pretty or simple as you like!
- Building Your Own Control Journal
- By Sunlight & Candlelight
- Make Your Own Planner for an Organized Home
- Foss Family Home Companion
- Organizational Binder
- How To / Tutorial
Free Printables & Tools
- Full-sized Planner Printables (see menu links across the top, more printables offered)
- Printable Planner Pages
- Yellow Mums: Monthly Menu Planner
- Life Your Way
- The Ultimate Grocery List
- Monthly Budget Sheet: Nicely done design with itemized expenses on the left side of page (mortgage/rent, insurance, utilities, etc.), then actual amounts spent on the right side of page.
- Weekly Cleaning Calendar: A checklist of chores for each day of the week plus blank lines for “Other”. Free pdf download.
- Daily Routine Planner Sheets: Free pdf downloads for both single and double pages. Items documented include a meal plan, exercise, daily water intake, appointments and more.
- Weekly Docket Chore Checklist: Has spaces to list tasks, projects and activities for the week plus chores to do Monday through Friday.
- Daily Housekeeping Schedule: A quick reference noting daily upkeep and chores for each day of the week (Monday through Sunday). Includes a quote from Ecclesiastes “Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might.”
- Weekly Planner With Menu For Each Day Of The Week & Shopping List: Single pdf download with sheet in 8 color schemes (including grey & white).
- Weekly Cleaning Schedule: A full page sheet (pdf download) with space for each day of the week. You can personalize tasks with an image editing program or just write it in.
- Pretty Vintage Weekly Planner: Lovely page filled with vintage graphics, has a section to track what’s needed around the house (Mon – Sun), a section for Dinner ideas, Appointments, noting Purposeful Moments and a quote “I will hold myself to a standard of Grace, not perfection”.
- Assorted Schedules: You’ll find a weekly docket for tracking chores and errands plus a daily food diary to download.
- Family Planner Set: Includes a childcare schedule, meal planning, enrichment activities, medical information, school schedule and title page.
- Quick Cleaning Cards: One card for each day of the week for quick 15 minute chores, plus an extra one for monthly goals.