If there’s one page full of creative and gift-worthy bookmarks to keep on hand, this is the one! All kinds of free printables and crafty ways to make them yourself to keep or give as a gift.
There are so many ideas here I decided to organize the projects into separate gallery collections below:
- Assorted Craft Tutorials & DIY (sewing, scrapbook paper, watercolors, ribbons, beads, elastic wraps, fabric crafts & more)
- Clips & Corners (paper creations, washi tape, paper clips & more)
- Yarn & Thread (includes knitting & crochet patterns; pom poms & tassels)
- Free Printables Collection (print, cut & ready to go)
- Coloring Page Bookmarks (ready to come alive with markers & crayons)
Some of the crafts could fit into more than one collection but I just chose where I thought the best spot for it was.
Learning how to make a bookmark is a fun, kid-friendly activity that can help encourage youngsters to read (because they can’t wait to put that Dr. Seuss or Disney Princess printable to good use)…though much of what’s featured here may be better suited for teens & adults to work on (or at least supervise).
Most projects require basic materials (such as glue, beads, bits of ribbon/lace, cardstock, washi, fabric pieces, yarn, etc.) and don’t typically require a lot of time to make (some less than 10 minutes).
Everything is free with all step-by-step directions provided (or at least enough information to learn how to make them yourself) plus any necessary templates or printables offered.
If that has changed and an email submission or membership is now required, please let me know in the comments area below so I can remove it.
New Collection Update: March, 2022
- Click on the image that interests you to visit the website source (a new browser tab will open).
- Most of the files are in pdf format though there are some images (such as jpg). If trouble with printing, try saving the file to your computer desktop first & then print.
Now on to the goodies…have fun! (P.S. Don’t miss the free Bookplate Printables on this page, also perfect for book lovers!)
Assorted Craft Tutorials & DIY
There’s a little bit of everything in this batch, ideas for using: Ribbons, Fabric, Watercolors, Buttons & Beads, Magnets, Bows, Felt, Repurposed Materials and more. Some are super cute, some simple & elegant…all creative & crafty :).
Clips & Corners
I’m not a big page corner or clip bookmark person myself, but there’s some really great stuff in this bunch. Assorted materials are featured: Paper, clips, bows, buttons, washi tape, duct tape and more.
Yarn & Thread
This section features both knitting and crochet patterns plus some pom pom and tassel treats.
Free Printables Collection
These should pretty much be print, cut & ready to use though you can sweeten things by hole punching the top and adding ribbons, twine, lace, etc. Laminating them will also prolong their lifespan. Most downloads are in pdf format.
Coloring Page Bookmarks
If you’re itching to get out the markers and crayons, here’s a great bunch of printables for both young and old.
Suggestions For When To Give Bookmarks As Gifts:
- Mother’s Day
- Father’s Day
- Teacher Appreciation
- Valentine’s Day
- Christmas Stocking Stuffers
- Any book gift: just slip in a bookmark before wrapping
I’ll be updating this collection as I come across new projects that catch my eye so you may want to bookmark this page for future reference.